From:
Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2011 09:10:45 -0800
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I agree when Bob and other beekeepers comment  that "colonies
> are not thriving on intensive agriculture".   Whether  its neonics, or other
> pesticides and poor nutrition is the real question  here.

Jerry, where specificially are colonies "failing to thrive on intensive
agriculture"?  Brian Ames has already commented that he
is not aware of widespread CCD problems in south-central
Minnesota - an area of extensive monocultures and heavy neonic
usage.  And on entomol-l, Dr. Chip Taylor said much the same thing
in regards to the lack of CCD in northeastern Kansas - another
area of fairly extensive corn monocultures and associated neonic
usage.

Paul Cherubini