Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2017 01:03:58 +0000
Sorry Bill<  somehow got to spam box

>What stands out in the present data is the finding that average colony varroa numbers decreased as apiary A. tumida levels increased. Because A. tumida levels were established within apiary, these results represent the average varroa numbers across colonies receiving all varroa miticide treatments, so it is reliably an A. tumida effect.

Not something I have tracked.   So no real info.  I have treated them as seperate issues.
Pete cited a study on Sun that was inconclusive.   if you look at the links I sent you will understand why,  Soil temp and moisture is the key.  SO every place will be different.  Sometimes the sun will overheatr the soial and dry it out,  other times/locations/seasons it will warm the soil and bring it into balance where the beetles like it. which is why the whole full sun theory is wrong.  So when we listen to and study the real experts  it does become perfectly clear.
ET sked about Chem treatments.   I thought I learned last year Flumetherin worked on beetles.  A Jan treatment in CA seemed to clear up the beetles.    But as Pete pointed out. causation and corelation are seperate.  In this case it seems the beetles may have just gotten old,  as useing it this summer in a real trail showed little to no effect.
Fiprinol traps work very well,  as do many oil traps and gaurdstar.
Charles