From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2017 10:05:00 +1100

re: Fiprinol traps

Excuse my ignorance but could you please send a link or a description?  I've
heard of the concept but google only returns home-made "traps" that look
more like pesticide delivery means rather than any kind of actual trap.  You
and Charles seem to be talking about something rather more standardized and
repeatable.  I'd appreciate any pointers you can offer toward reliable
answers that don't end up killing more bees than beetles.  Thanks in
advance.

www.apithor.com.au <http://www.apithor.com.au/>

Fipronil is of course deadly to bees.  If the traps get water in them it
could, in fact almost certainly kill the hive.  They are designed to be
placed on the hive bottom board, so in this position it is imperative that
the hive is slopping forward.  Some users use them on the side wall or on
the excluder, or even at the top of the hive.  They seem to work in these
positions.  In my tests I used them on the bottom board for hives and on the
side for the nucs (no room on the bottom of my 4 frame nucs).

Geoff Manning