From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2017 15:48:22 -0500
>One of the best ways that I've found to analyse a concept is to take it to the extremes.  This can save a ton of wasted time once you realize the inevitable >direction, and more importantly, what needs to be done to prevent it from going to that extreme.

>It is you Charlie, who continue to be provocative by using words such as "absurd, silly, hypocrisy, hate, ad nausea, garbage etc."  As well as telling others that >they are flatly "wrong."  Although such discourse is currently being practiced at a governmentally-high level on Twitter, I should hope that Bee-L could be better.

So its okay to go to extremes and use adjectives in some case but not others??

Hmmm  My reference to mites wash to correlate an example. Apparently that correlation was lost somewhere.  As I see it the current status with our mite control is an almost exact correlation with the issue at hand. I assume you disagree.

If we cannot use adjectives  that are plain and simple,  then I am lost in the form of communication  as far as I knew this was a place for discussion,  not declaratives.  In discussion full expression of thoughts should actually be required, not avoided.    I for one get much more out of the longer more thought out works and examples.

Who and what are we if we cannot fully accept the adjectives directed and discuss them?   It has seem to me that over the last few years,  there are a lot of people in the bee community that don't debate and discuss and are never questioned.  As such I see it as part of the bigger issue of why we may be behind in our industry.  Christina,  Dennis,(in reference to the survey forms he was quote dismissive) Fischer,  and even you at times seem to be A bit domineering when questioned.That may not be the right word.  Hell Christina lectured me for not reading when when we both know dam well its untrue,  we just disagree in the summary.  There is a lot of dominat personality here on Bee-L that cannot stand a contrary opinion.  Usually its because of other knowledge or a closed mind. In your case its usually other knowledge,  but at times you don’t relate that well. Others  are so used to being the teacher they are horrible at anything other than lectures.

If we wish this to be just declarative statements on the latest research,  it can be that.  You know me well enough to know I am pretty straight forward in thoughts and writing.  Pulling punches is not me.  Life to short for that. The comment about being practiced at governmental levels is right on target. Direct and to the point.  IF we wish Bee-L to be devoid of emotion and honest debate,  then so be it, let points lie where they will.  Many times I just to that,  but it sure seems to me there are a lot of low hanging curve balls coming across the plate.  Hard not to take a swing at times.

We have Christina,  who throws out some of the strangest comments,  Pete,  who almost always take a link to both sides of any point, and seldom takes a point. Fisher who can come from anywhere,  ET  who seems a pretty fair,  and you and I,  you write short and sweet,  and usually leave out critical information to be understood well ( some would say abrupt but I disagree knowing its just you and being busy) I seem to be the opposite.  Actually been working on better writing,  and getting away from short sweet fact based declarations.

If I am to back up and not write,  not much discussion of topics left.  Hell I wish others would jump in,  but its so dang hard to actually stimulate a conversation.    So where do we go?  Is it an open honest discussion,  or just a lecture circuit??

Not sure what your referring to with the wrong statement,  I have made an attempt to avoid that! Doesn't mean I haven’t slipped......There are many points I have disagreed with,  but I have made a serious attempt to explain the counterpoint.

Charles