From:
William Morong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:10:18 -0500
Here in the USA, our legal option for the use of formic acid seems to be the
gel form.
Is this like the soft material mentioned by Dr. Nasr, or is it more like the
MiteAway pad he uses?  The Apicure literature mentions some effect on brood,
but wasn't very specific about how great that effect might be.  It would be
nice to use a method that minimally affects brood rearing.  In trying to
decide whether to use formic acid gel this spring, I'm unsure how to relate
what has been discussed about formic acid to what is legal here.

Bill Morong