From:
Ghislain De Roeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2013 22:05:48 +0200
> Reybroeck, W. (2002). RESIDUES OF ANTIBIOTICS AND SULPHONAMIDES IN HONEY ON THE BELGIAN MARKET

From 2002, 11 years ago!
Since then, the EU changed its rules and the cited antibiotic plus fumagillin are no longer allowed and that also applies to sulfa. But Peter, as you know, there will always be people who do not follow the rules, here and in the States. It can be said that, in a general way, European beekeepers use those substances no longer. Colonies affected by foulbrood, for example, are rather destroyed.
As for fumagillin, the complaint is not about the lack of antibiotics, but about the absence of a cure.
There is no need to apologize Randy, I appreciate you so much.

Kind regards,

Ghislain De Roeck,
Belgium.

PS. Happy "Fourth of July" to all of you.

Peoples affected by Foulbrood, for example, be destroyed