From:
T & M Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:15:58 PDT
David Eyre wrote

>       My thoughts. Old Chinese foundation. There were reports of
> adulterated foundation being imported. Is it possible that this is
> some of it?

A couple of years back we had some Chinese foundation offered to Australians at a cheap price.  One of our prominent equipment manufacturers had it analysed and it was adulterated with other waxes.

I believe it has been coming in for use in rolled candles and has not found it's way into the beekeeping side as all beekeepers were alerted to the fact that it was adulterated.  Not sure what the last foundation used in these rolled candles is like.  I have not heard of anyone getting an analysis in recent times.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA