From:
Richard Yarnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:26:41 -0700
It is a nuissance, I'm sure, but it is very important to stop rogue
reporters who are too lazy to do their homework and who are in a position
to damage personal reputations and misrepresent the state of the art (any
art).

A letter to the Publisher or Managing Editor must be written every time
misquoting, or mis-represention takes place.  The reporter must learn that
he's accountable.  The other side of the coin is cooperation whenever
possible but with the caveat that the article must be approved for
accuracy prior to publication.

If the media doesn't take pride it its work, the the rest of us have to
take pride in what we do and insist that our work be properly represented
to the rest of the world.

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Jerry J Bromenshenk wrote:

> At 10:20 AM 9/30/00 -0400, you wrote:
>
> I don't know anything about Miss Pentz and have not seen the article.
> However, as per blaming or not blaming Drs. Erickson and Kellum - it may
> not simply be a matter of misquoting them.  Over the last year, I have had
> the unpleasant experience of seeing numerous and often erroneous articles
> published about our work.  These articles and web sites quote me
> extensively -- only problem, many of the reporters never talked to me.  How
> a reporter can quote someone without talking to them is a mystery to me.

Richard Yarnell, SHAMBLES WORKSHOPS | No gimmick we try, no "scientific"
Beavercreek, OR. Makers of fine     | fix we attempt, will save our planet
Wooden Canoes, The Stack(R) urban   | until we reduce the population. Let's
composter, fly tying benches        | leave our kids a decent place to live.