From:
Mark Berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 20:47:59 -0500
James,
I know you are trying to help. But how do you know so much? Who have you been talking too? Or were you at the meeting?

Do you know who brought up the idea of adhereing to what Robert's Rules of Order suggest, that Proxy Voting should not be allowed? Over the last 25 years I can only recall a time when one or more Proxies were used for voting purposes and that was the Fall 2012 Meeting. Maybe there were other times and I just don't recall them.

We have encoded in ESHPA's By Laws that ESHPA operates under Robert's Rules of Order. Something I believe Pat Bono and/or Aaron brought up and was approved of by the Board and then the General Membership.

Who are all of these new members you speak of? How do you know how long those eligible to vote this last November had been members? O don't think we have any tests or qualifications to vote other than that membership needs to be establish ten or more days before the Meeting in which someone wishes to vote. Something which is encoded in the By Laws.

Should there be some further qualification like two years membership and attendance before one can vote? I don't know what you are getting at.

But really, how do you know so much about a meeting you didn't attend?