From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2015 22:04:56 -0400
> the phrase "elimination half life" of radiation
> in the whole bee was 25 hrs.
> So that means that the metabolization if it
> is proceeding by "half life" is a curve approaching
> (but never reaching) zero and the amounts
> remaining could be the amounts
> that are bound to the receptor.

The above does seem to contradict the view that metabolization of the
pesticide is complete, as this would imply that the bee would have run the
dose out through its digestive system long before 25 hours.

> it would probably be good to also look
> at some other radioactive metabolisation
> studies of various neonicotinoids

I am slogging through this bumblebee study, which seems to be similar to
what Suchail was doing with honeybees.  Others may want to take a look for
themselves, as I am not as fast a slogger in this area as I'd like:

http://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4415021/