Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2013 08:40:35 -0400
"I nuked the remaining colonies, like Allen described and restored my numbers. Now we are beset with continual rain."

Peter, could you elaborate?

Did the nucs raise their own queens? Did you raise queens from those that survived? Did you buy queens from in state or out of state? Was there any correlation with the age of the colony and survival rate?

My % losses were similar,mostly 3-4 yr old colonies and mostly from Varroa/virus issues .Hives were untreated. Nuking with russian queens to try and increase age/% loss ratio.

Thanks, Jack G in CT

Sent from my NOOK