From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2015 21:44:06 -0400
> I worry this thread is devolving (yet again) into the realm of "professionals know better" vs. "hobbyists are threats" fiction that I vigorously protest.

This is not about commercials vs small timers, but people who want healthy bees and people who are unable or unwilling to keep them that way, allowing them to build up mite loads, crash, and unleash them on the rest of us.

Just like dogs. Plenty of dog owners keep their dogs in prime health and plenty are neglectful. But the distinction isn't between puppy farms and pet owners; there's plenty of blame to go around when it comes to mistreatment and neglect.

PLB