From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 09:07:05 +0000
> Karen DeHond wrote:
>
> > ... 3 of the nucs have large clusters of bees on the outside,   Are
> > they just cooling off or getting ready to swarm?

Ted Fischer responded:
> ... crowding the small space of a nuc ...
> The bees are just doing what you might do on a hot day, sitting out on the
> front porch with your friends.

I do not disagree with what Ted said, it may just be crowded and the
bees may just be hanging out.  However, with the very limited space
in a nuc you are advised to install them in a full brood box ASAP!  I
had a 4 frame split put up on 4/15 swarm on 5/10 (the day I WAS going
to install it in its full brood box).

Aaron Morris - thinking don't delay, the bees have their own
                       schedule!