From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 23:39:33 EST
In a message dated 11/28/98 7:39:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> How easy it is to stomp on a flat cat, but how those cats do recover!
>  Remember those famous lies, will add one more. "I am here from the Carl
>  Hayen Honey Bee Research Center and I am here to help you beekeepers." Yeah
>  you bet, and so is Dr. Death!
>
>  You can find the full story at http://beenet.com/bnews.htm

Andy,

    Please unknot your shorts!  Steve was referring to the Sonoran Desert in
Arizona, which is probably the richest (pesticide free) bee habitat in the
world. He was referring to gardeners in the Tucson area, and I believe he's
right - for that specific case.

    Now, if Steve believes that pollination of other areas of the country will
be supplied by wild bees, I'll argue with him then. Then, he needs to get out
of the Sonoran desert and look around the rest of the country.  Pesticide
misuse is a greater problem than varroa mites, as we were losing pollinator
populations before varroa arrived. And pesticide misuse affects all bees, but
solitary wild bees have no human protection or salvage.

    And, remember all those times you've spoken to the media, and an aside
became the main story, or the reporter flat out misquoted you?  It's happened
to me. One reporter made me so mad I could have spit on her, putting words in
my mouth that I never said......

    I read the story (thrice), and nowhow can I make out Steve Buchmann to be
the enemy.

     Andy, you often amuse and entertain me, your creative writing is just
plain brilliant, and you are right on the nose a lot of the time, but this
time you went off the deep end. Do I need to toss a line?

[log in to unmask]     Dave Green  Hemingway, SC  USA
The Pollination Scene:  http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html
The Pollination Home Page:    http://www.pollinator.com

Jan's Sweetness and Light Shop    (Varietal Honeys and Beeswax Candles)
http://users.aol.com/SweetnessL/sweetlit.htm