From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:24:15 -0700
FYI...Still waiting for a honest broker scientific report on these cheep
strips. Have no personal knowledge but for some reason I do believe they
are about the size of queen tabs...hope I am rong again and this is a real
good deal for everyone. Maybee we could get them to load up one of those
rockets we helped them with and have a quick backyard delivery.  ttul, Andy-

Ripped off without permission from the sci.agr.beekeeing group:

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 00:53:01 -0500, Elroy Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>> > An ad in the latest ABJ said to check varroa.com. So I did as I was told
>> > and went to:
>> > http://www.varroa.com

>> > Lo and behold the Chinese are selling fluvalinate strips for less than
>> > $.40 US each.

>Well this is good news for the little guy! If I was into the apistan thing I
>would sure be gettin over there to varroa.com. These US chemical companies
>ripped us off long enough the only way to breakup the monopoly on apistan is
>to go elsewhere for awhile, then watch the price fall.

BEEWARE, Chinese chemical belong to same Tong as Swiss or US chemical
companies.

>As far as testing I would mind spending $40 per 100 strips versus $160 per
100
>strips, I think I could test em just as good as the so called pros. What I
>would do is order from both sources and find out which works the best. But
the
>I don't use apistan or other chemicals in any of my 80 colonies. The mineral
>oil has worked for me for two years now, by the way last spring I only had 28
>colonies.

I am with all who would save money but this OLd Drone learned long ago
if the price is too good to be true, its not.

It could be that any beekeeper could take a strip and cut it into 10
or 20 small strips and cut his costs. And it might even work, maybe we
should try this as we wait for our packages from China to clear
coustoms. Gosh and these strips are what size?

I want to beelieve, but I have little trust  in products from China
today, or what they have to say, and personally would not trust them
with my credit card numbers so I wait to hear of others good fortune,

As they say in China, Ding How! or  Whoo Flung daa Dung?

ttul, the OLd Drone
Los Banos, Ca (not Canada)
http://beenet.com

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!