From:
Conrad Sigona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:36:25 -0400
> Properly cured honey will last forever.  I suspect that the super you
> stored was not fully capped and therefore not fully cured.  High moisture
> content allows the yeasts to work and the honey will "sour", or turn to
> vinegar.  You got it!

I've had properly cured and capped honey keep for two years in the comb.
I kept it in the basement (dry in winter, humid in summer). When I put it
there, I thought there was too little to bother extracting and was going
to eat it right from the comb, but that super just became another fixture
in the basement and I forgot about it until this, the 3rd, summer. Now
it has begun to ferment, very mildly, but the smell is detectable.

I'd therefore have to say that even cured honey will not keep forever.
If it's sealed in a jar, then it'll keep a good while, but absent a seal
and a low moisture environment, forever is a long time.

Conrad Sigona