From:
Mark Gosswiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 18:38:00 -0600
I've been told that to winter your supers of extracted honey you can simply
just put the supers back on the hives.  This probably isn't the best way
considering there would be more space for the bees to try and keep warm over
the winter, but it probably is the easiest way.  I do have a question
concerning the old brood comb.   I have 4 boxes of old brood comb that is
healthy and moth free as of today. But how are you seasoned Beekeepers
storing your brood comb?  Putting them in plastic trash bags was suggested
by a friend but when we opened his up - several frames were ruined by wax
moths.  After all the years of storing brood comb surely someone has come up
with an idea to keep the wax moths away and still keep the method fairly
easy for the novice beekeeper to perform.  Any ideas will be greatly
appreciated.