From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:11:39 -0700
At 10:21 PM 6/16/98 +0100, you wrote:

>Nim3 margosa, a species of Melia, yielding nim-oil. (Hindu)

NEEM, Very very old plant used for several thousand years for its medical
uses one use may also be as an natural insecticide or at the least the
insect repelling abilities of this plant are recognized with more then 1/3
of the population of the earth, so it is said so it must bee.

Just saw a TV flick on bats that pollinate this tree or shrub and spread
the seeds as without them it would have been over harvested or something,
hole Batman. It is used, the leaves, in heavy insect flying areas, as a
garnish around exposed food containers to keep the insects and blow fly's
out of the salad and soup.

Much research has been done on this plant and it products including bee
research but I can not direct you to it as it is locked away on one of my
hard drives but here in California you can buy NEEM in so called Health
Food stores, I tried it, blaaa. But I would like to try the oil if anyone
has a source. I guess I will have to make a trip to one of the new INDIA
super markets that are showing up in some of the bigger cities around here.
But having to watch and listen to that Indian bee bop on local India TV
just to see the commercials is a chore plus all the good stuff is also sold
via Indian language commercials so you are never sure if you are watching a
commercial for a personal  deodorant or a finger nail restorer or just an
add to procure a virgin bride from the old country.

The oil from the plant or seed is said to have the ability to stop the
growth of cancer cells by cutting off the blood so the tumor dies. I got
this tumor on the end of my noise, oh well so I pay the doctor 15K to wack
off my noise or pay the witch doctor and have it fall off a la natural.

>How might this plant be used for treating Varroa infested hives?

I know I have read about using NEEM or testing it in the apiary environment
and I thought it was being looked at in Canada but that's all I can say
without looking at the stuff on my old hard drive.

A few stops on the net you will find all the information on NEEM as a
ecoSafe insecticide and more.

http://www.plasmaneem.com/

http://www.neemfoundation.org/

http://www.proclus.com/interpet/01interpet.html

http://www.jegson-neem.com/prod.htm

A lot more but I have not finished reading them.<G> Use a Super Search site
like the one at:

http://beenet.com/search.htm

ttul, the OLd Drone

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!