From:
JOHN TAYLOR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 13:32:57 GMT
On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 08:36:44 +0100, you wrote:

>From talking to other subscribers in the U.K. I get the impression that
>many are rather disappointed with the overall content. I thought that
>the Bee List was a discussion of Bee Biology, and I accept that this is

Since beekeeping is not my profession, I will probably never have a
need to discuss pure biological issues of apis mellifera.   I still
have an interest in discussing everyday beekeeping with other
beekeepers and learning more about these insects.  It would probably
be asking too much of our generous LIST Owner, but perhaps a
"Practical BEE-L", "Hobby BEE-L" or "Amateur BEE-L" could be created
for those of us who are further down on the ladder of biology
knowledge.

Perhaps "Practical BEE-L" could take the place of BOB; discuss pure
bee biology on BEE-L while the rest of us discuss down to earth
matters of beekeeping like the value of bees wax and Honey Market
News.

John Taylor