From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 10:21:01 +0100
Richard Harkey wrote:

> If you are interested, study these scriptures seriously, and if you
> believe GOD'S and JESUS'S promises, you have the essential requirments,
> to be victorious over the Beekeeper's enemies.
>
> The scriptures outlined in this letter are by no means all the
> scriptures on this subject.

"The text cannot mean what it never meant.  The problem with "selective"
exegesis is that one will often read one's own, completely foreign,
ideas into a text and thereby make God's Word something other than what
God really said." ..Gordon Fee

You might want to pick up a copy of the book, How to Read the Bible for
all it's Worth by Gordon D. Fee & Douglas Stuart.  Published by
Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 49530.  ISBN
0-310-37361-1   AACR2

It has a lot more to say about this matter of interpreting scripture.  I
think you do a great injustice to both beekeepers and fellow believers
of God's Word by making these statements.  The older I get, the more I
realize how much I really don't have it all "worked out" and how much
more so is the importance of commen sense.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey
West Chicago, Illinois  USA