From:
Walter Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 16:56:30 -1000
Reprinted without permission March Issue American Bee Journal

CONCERNED BEEKEEPERS Form Educational Group

Alvin Texas-A number of U.S. honey producers are deeply concerned that the
recently approved policies of the American Honey Producers Association
(AHPA) and the American Beekeeping Federation(ABF) may, if finally adopted
into law, actually rob the U.S. producer of any opportunity to sell his
product for a decent price.
        Anticipating this eventuality, a group of honey industry leaders have
banded together for the express purpose of championing the U.S. producers
cause. This new group will be called " Coalition Of Maverick Beekeepers"
(COMB)
        COMB its members say, will mainly devote attention to educating the U.S.
honey producers about the nuts and bolts of a smooth running check off
program and how  best to protect their rights when dealing with
non-producer groups such as the packers and dealers.
        Glenn Gibson, Oklahoma and Jerry Stroope , Texas will co-chair the
coalition. Both men are past presidents of the AHPA. "A five man Executive
Board of Directors has been set up, but appointments have not been
confirmed," Chairman Stroope said.

This was the end of the article with the huge dis-service being done to the
readers of ABJ by not giving contact phone numbers.

Jerry Stroope  office phone number is 281-996-1523  Fax. 281-996-9484
e-mail [log in to unmask]
mail   Rt.3,Box 258 Alvin, Texas 77511
CONTRIBUTIONS AND MEMBER SUPPORT ARE NEEDED NOW

 BEEKEEPERS come to attention and speak out before it is too late.

Walter Patton a COMB supporter

PS I have heard that none of the BEE organizations and the Publications
ABJ and BEE CULTURE will not print any more letters about the National
Honey Board Issue.
Futher they may not accept paid advertising about the NHB issue. I hope
this is wrong and I will find out and repoert back to the list.