From:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 17:08:25 -0700
Andy, that last message clearly shows you are learning to use html.  But,
it is a bit distracting to read e-mail with html code embedded in it.

Most of the more recent Word Processors allow you to automatically save
documents in either text or html.  Thus, you can save in one mode for your
web page and another for your e-mail.

Also, in an earlier message  you commented that it was taking  some time
to learn html.  Learning html gives you more flexibility than the canned
Word Processors and Web building software, but it also has its learning
curve downside.

However, I suspect that you haven't noticed that for most web pages,
hitting View Source will allow you to see how someone else handled
specific coding.  Lots easier than trying to figure it on your own.

JAVA and CGI scripts are usually hidden, but most standard HTML is readily
available for view.  Some of the newer web page making software tries to
hide more of the coding.  But there are plenty of examples that can be
seen.  Also, I assume that you have learned to move your cursor over an
image and click the right button.  Remember, the image you like may be
copyrighted.

Finally, you commented that you were moving from UNIX to Windows.  There
are software packages readily available for free that can turn your UNIX
box into a SERVER.  We just went the other direction, from PC to UNIX for
more flexibility and better multi-tasking.  Either will work, but if you
know UNIX, which many of us don't, why move to Windows?

Cheers

Jerry