From:
Randy Nessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 09:38:53 -0600
I was curious if anyone has experimented with hop oils for the
treatment of mites (tracheal or varroa).  In a "folk" medicine book, it
was reported that bedding livestock with hops can lower parasite
infestation.  Since the hop oil extracts are now available in liquid
form through some of the brewing industry supply firms, I thought it
might be interesting to research.  I've seen people using mint oils, and
maybe the alpha acids of hops might hold some promise.  Ideas? Feedback?
--
Randy Nessler [log in to unmask]
Views expressed are my own.