From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:19:53 -0600
> > Has anyone heard about the guy who was fined by the Texas Dept. of
> > Agriculture for recommending Mite Solution over the Internet? ...

> Declan McCullagh, a writer for the Netly News, wrote recently of a
> beekeeper who advised others on Prodigy to get rid of parasites in the
> hive by mixing Mavrik with water and spraying the bottom of the hive.
> The Texas Department of Agriculture promptly charged him with violating
> a state law banning unapproved discussions of bee medicines and fined
> him $600...

Here's the original article:

http://cgi.pathfinder.com/@@XWzi6AUAVyrIBMvz/netly/opinion/0,1042,1509,00.h
tml

Sorry about the word wrap in the above line.

> Those who use the Myers Briggs Temperament Indicator

For those who don't -- yet:

http://www.keirsey.com/cgi-bin/keirsey/newkts.cgi
http://www.halverson-law.com/1-3-1-4.htm

> Experiments in artificial life indicate that the flow of information
> inside a system is maximized just on the edge of chaos, where we lean
> into our freedom like sailors hiking in a strong breeze.

"Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone..."

Allen
---
BEE-L can be searched for items in a particular date range. The
following message (To the LISTSERVER-not BEE-L) retrieves only the
messages since January 1997.
SEARCH formic acid IN bee-l SINCE Jan 1997
The capitals indicate commands which the LISTSERVER responds to
and the small letters indicate the things that you specify.
(Courtesy Don Aitken)