From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 11:31:46 -0600
> Hope I made that clear as mud. Perhaps Allen / Aaron could
> clear this up.

I'm no more wise to what is happening than the rest of the gang.  I'm
replying to a BEE-L log which I've had to order twice from the LISTSERV to
see if my posts were getting thru and to see if anything is going on,
since my incoming BEE-L flow has slowed to a trickle.  Seems that I'm
getting a few posts here and there but some including my own are not
coming thru.  (I have the ACK turned off and instead have my own posts
sent back to me so that I can see they got posted).

I think Aaron may have a handle on this altho we had some weird LISTSERV
happenings before and I don't think he ever got entirely to the bottom of
it.  I imagine he is off for a day or so right now (and he does not admit
to reading BEE-L on his days off).   The previous glitches cleared
themselves up spontaneously, I gather.  BTW, He's been promoted, so he
doesn't sit gazing at the BEE-L server all day any more. <G>

At any rate, I'm getting the same strange message and sporadic mail
flow at my Best of Bee account (outgoing and ingoing), so what I think is
happening is that somerelay server on the Internet has gone nuts and is
not relaying properly.  When things go thru there, there are problems.
When an alternate route happens to be chosen--due to net traffic patterns
--of the moment, everything is fine.  Some of us on one (speaking
non-technically) 'end' of the net are having more trouble than others.

I imagine that the guy who maintains the troublesome server in question is
maybe in a self induced year end coma and that once he comes to, things
will get back to norbal.  <G>

Happy New Year all.

Allen