From:
Steven Albritton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 21:22:01 -0700
To who ever wrote about using rubber bands to salvage wild hives, GEE
THANKS.  My landlord and I went today to extract a hive of bees out of a
football (american) press box.  We were able to take down the moulding
and one sheet of panneling and there they were.  A small amount of
smoke, the smoker went out before I hit them with a lot. We made a jig
saw puzzle holding everything in place with vertical and horz.
rubberbands.  We will go back tonight to bring the box down.  Right or
wrong we left the hive sitting close to the wall in hopes of reclaiming
any workers already out working and the ones who were trying to get out
through the glass in the door.  We left A/C running so it should be cool
enough for them to go in.  The bees were surprisingly mild and not hard
to work with.

Stay tuned for how we come out.

Second year beekeeper with 16 hives.