Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 18:34:29 EST
Hello everyone,

I made the mistake of not moving one of my bee yards that is in a higher
elevation (above 7,000 feet) to a lower & warmer elevation (3,000 feet) before
the first snow fell.  Today the sun was warm and the bees were flying (around
50 F) so I check 3 hives to see how they were doing.

Honey surplus was good in all hives (75 + #'s or more in each), but I noticed
be populations seemed to be about the quantity of a 2 or 3 # package of bees.

Does anyone know what the population of a hive should reach before brood
rearing begins again for spring buildup?

Thanks,

Ed Costanza
New Mexico Fruit & Gift Basket
Edgewood, New Mexico