From:
Michael Reddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 15:08:26 -0700
I'm in the market for about 20 fall queens and want to find a high quality
source.  I'm looking for strong, well-bred Italians that are positively
selected for housekeeping and gentleness traits.  That means the breeder
has a system in place to select for these traits in his or her breeding
stock.  It also means that the breeding program is working and the bees
exhibit good housekeeping behavior and are gentle enough to be worked
without smoke or veil under reasonably good conditions.  And it means that
most queens from this breeder lay well and survive at least a year.  (I'm
not picky am I?)

If you know of a breeder that has provided you with particularly good
queens in the RECENT past, I'd like to know who it is.

I know that even the best breeders have an occasional failure, so I guess
I'm also interested in reports on how a particular breeder backs up his
product.

Michael Reddell
http://www.hotcity.com/~mwr