From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 01:10:04 -0700
Ian Watson wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Recently someone asked about the weight of a super of honey, which I assume
> is what is called a 6 5/8 or "Illinois" super.  I recall only one response,
> and so I'm asking again, because I'm interested in knowing the answer.
Hi Ian,
        I have kept production records for 14 years and its rare, at least in
my neck of the woods to average more than 30 lbs per 6 5/8 super. The
highest average I've recorded is 35 lbs per super and most of these
these really looked full. If I'm trying to estimate a crop I use 25
lbs/super for an average looking crop and 30 lbs for a very nice one.