From:
Bonnie Pierson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 09:51:52 -0500
Mike W.,

I really don't have a mite problem either, and made it through the winter
last year just fine.  I think the grease  patties are a big impact on the
mites-both kinds.  I keep grease patties on my colonies all the time.  I
believe that the grease coats the two front legs of the mites and masks all
their senses.  Mites can't tell hot or cold,  or dry or oily,ect, and end up
just wandering instead of host searching, home searching.

Bonnie Pierson, N. Ohio