From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 15:29:34 -0800
On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Jim Maus wrote:

> I think those that have responded have been much to hard on
> Dr. Rodriguez at least he is trying  SOMETHING what have you all
> OFFERED....NOTHING
> I think a person should use t-mite resistant stock without oiled paper
> and then go from there otherwise you  just keep treating with "oil"
> for tracheal mites when Br. Adam has proven you do not need this
> step  for T-mite we must conquer Varroa then we will be on the right
> course and my point precisely is that Dr. R has tried something and
> may have a lead.                Jim Maus

  Hi Jim, If you would look thru the list over the last year , you will
find many Ideas plus plenty of people trying to beat Varroa.The Oil on
paper is not new by any means.I don't think we should put anyone down. I
used the paper and oil myself plus a paper and oil with pepernint oil.The
later can be toxic to bees.I did get that info from a researcher and I
know of at least 20 people working very hard at the problem of Varroa. We
have problems to  address with research that is going on now. What affect
does the oil have on egg laying. Will the larva be feeding at the same
rate and will it change anything in the life cycle of the bee.We do know
that we have beekeepers all over trying different things to kill the mite.
I do appreciate the good Dr. R's work. It is too much like what we have
been doing for the last year , to call it a great breakthru. It will be
good results to be added with what we have now.
 Best Regards
 Roy