From:
Harry Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 16:08:53 -0500

<< Harry,
 >         Apistan Strips 3 times a year is a little scarey. Bees do move
 > honey around from one location of the hive to another [brood chamber to
 > honey super]. I have had no losses to mites for past 2 years using
 > apistan strips, 1 application a year. Perhaps you could eliminate 1 or 2
 > of your treatments?
 >         Good luck,
 >
 > Alden Marshall
 > B-Line Apiaries
 > Hudson, NH

We have a year round honey flow (just a lot slower in the winter)
I do remove supers and treat half my yard at a time. I would rather not
treat in july, But I have years ago, and other beekeepers do now, lose
bees in july-august if they don't treat (strip). I have not lost bees to
mites
in 4 years. Varroa is bad here, tracheals have not been a problem for me.

Harry Sweet
N. California