From:
Harry Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 1996 21:24:08 -0500

<< Harry Sweet wrote:

 > Why on earth would anyone paint the inside of a hive? The bees provide
 > an excellent sealer.
 > Harry Sweet
 > N. California

 I have never seen a hive that the bees have provided an excellent sealer
 to the
 inside of the boxes.  I agree that boxes last a lot longer with less
 warpage if
 they are painted or sealed on the inside as well as the outside.

 Vic Kroenke
 Kansas,USA

Well.... what about all that propolis. My hives get a real nice
coating by the bees. Do they not do this in other lands?
I vent my hives and don't have much of a moisture problem,
do you think that might make a difference?
I've never had a box get warped in 10 years. Usually they get
UNwarped.

Batten down those bee hatches there's a big storm brew'in on
the US west coast and soon to come to you mid-westerners!
Harry Sweet
N. California