From:
P-O Gustafsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 1996 22:04:07 +0200
Ted Fischer wrote:

> I think that perhaps the escape boards might be OK for a couple of hives, but
> I cannot see that the sideline beekeeper (and surely not the commercial
> operator) ought to waste all this time and energy when there are much easier
> methods available.

Hi Ted,

There is a time for blowing bees and a time for using escape boards.
Blowing is the best way in summer when bees are busy collecting nectar.

But when you are alone in a beeyard of 20 hives in the autunm taking off
that last box and want to check the broodnest without getting thousands
of robbers to help you, then it's nice to have that escape board to
clear
the supers. Even if it means you have to go back one more time.

--
Regards

P-O Gustafsson, Sweden
[log in to unmask]    http://www.kuai.se/~beeman/