From:
John E III Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 15:40:15 GMT
Subject: Re: Re Mite strategy: U.S. formic
From:    SMTP.BEEL1 at ROHMAIL
Date:    7/20/95  2:56 PM

> altho the use of formic acid is technically illegal, does anyone know how
> to apply it "for experimental" reasons not connected with the eradication
> of anything pertaining to honey bees nor the reception of satellite signals.
> (tongue in cheek)

    It'd be nice if you could get the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for this
material.  You might be able to get one quickly from a laboratory chemicals
supplier like Sigma-Aldrich (unfortunately I don't have their address handy).

    While some MSDSs seem (to me) like overkill, _believe_ the one for formic
acid.  It is nasty stuff that causes serious and painful burns to human skin.

John E. Taylor III     W3ZID     | "The opinions expressed are those of the
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      | writer and not of Rohm and Haas Company."