From:
"Rees, Simon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 18:41:10 +0000
Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I asked you all for your views on how - & if - one can
remove bees from a cavity wall.  Here's a synopsis of the replies:

There seem to be two possible ways of removing the bees - by removing the
bricks and cutting the comb out (the messiest job in the World?), or by
setting up a small colony nearby and using a one - way (e.g. Porter) bee
escape to allow them out.  The principle is that the bees come out, can't get
back in, and join the other colony.  There was some scepticism about this
working, however - not least because bees tend to find another way in
somewhere else in the building.  The only other suggestions were to leave
them be, or to destroy them (for which I was recommended whitefly powder).

Many thanks are due to all who contributed (most of whom, as it happens, were
from the UK) - I'll let you know what happens when (if!) we muster up the
courage to do something!

Simon Rees
(almost a Twickenham beekeeper)