From:
Michael Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 1995 13:32:07 -0500
Rich,
     You might try something that I've always wanted to do, that is to
have a 2 queen hive.  To do that, put a queen excluder over the brrod
chambers in the present hive, place your supers over that, then place
another queen excluder over the supers with another brood chamber (or
two) above the second queen excluder.  You then place the bees from under
the bottom board in the topmost section of brood chambers.  Drill a hole
below one of the handles to provice a second means of access for the top
colony.  You might also place a sheet of newspaper between the top
section of hive bodies and the second queen excluder to provide an
aclimation time for the two colonies.  If you do this, please let me know
how things turned out.   MIKE STOOPS  Sugar Land, TEXAS  [log in to unmask]