From:
Winifred Doane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1993 09:55:13 -0700
Jeffrey Young's choice of wildflowers in unused acreages you want to
keep open is a good one.  We have a house in Vermont with 14.5 acres
surrounding it that used to be pasture.  Alas, the lawns adjacent to
the house are easy enough to keep maintained, but the woolands were
rapidly encrouching upon us until this summer.  We purchase the new
DR Brush Hog from a company that is also in Charlotte, VT.  It is a
miracle what that machine can do.  In one week my husband cleared all
the overgrown areas and had them planted with wildflower seed from the
Wildflower Farm in Charlotte.   The Brush Hog will cut saplings up to
2-3 inches in diameter, is easy to handle and very safe.  We recommend
it...along with the wildflowers!