From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2024 23:00:47 -0500
> It was confirmation bias - forming a viewpoint first

I have been following the work of Randal R. Rucker, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics Montana State University; Walter N. Thurman, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics North Carolina State University; and Michael Burgett, Department of Entomology Oregon State University since their 2001 "An Empirical Analysis of Honeybee Pollination Markets."

They have consistently shed light on this topic. My viewpoint is based on almost 20 years of observation. Clearly, one person's viewpoint is another's confirmation bias. I started out suggesting that the idea that honey production was "tied" to ecological decline neglected to take into consideration the economic factors. Honestly, I am not out to prove anything, just suggesting there is more to it.

PLB

see also:
Peyton M. Ferrier, Randal R. Rucker, Walter N. Thurman, and Michael Burgett. Economic Effects and Responses to Changes in Honey Bee Health, ERR-246, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, March 2018.