HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gary VINES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 14:37:21 +1000
I have dug up an enamelled steel panel with the logo 'National' in an open font. Very similar to the brands on early 20th century stoves (e.g. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e7/31/e7/e731e7e81c39d89d70ccebfe533fa2e4.jpg).

Has anyone come across this brand? It may be Australian, so doesn't come up in the antique stove collectors' sites. Also anyone know why the logos on early stoves are almost universally in outline fonts - something to do with the printing being effected by heat perhaps?

Thanks

Gary