From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2019 13:34:27 -0700
Pete, I of course prefer data to be collected properly.  But one can
sometimes tease good information out of even a lousy data set.

> We have demonstrated that culturing P. l. larvae from honey and bee
samples is a reasonably efficient, selective and sensitive way to detect
and predict the prevalence of AFB within beekeeping operations in North
America

The above is a no-brainer.  AFB largely disappeared in recent years, but is
now making a resurgence in some areas.  And if tylan is further restricted,
it may again become prevalent.  But until it does, there will be little
demand for the testing for it nationwide.  However, it would be a great
idea for any state that's seeing it being an issue.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA