From:
"Janet L. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2019 18:57:01 -0400
Randy that quote on the EFB difficulties was not by Ruth but by me.

Try looking at Dr. Stainton's video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0B9o4GHq7U&t=11s

A more recent study:
The occurrence of Melissococcus plutonius in healthy colonies of Apis mellifera and the efficacy of European foulbrood control measures
Giles E.Budge
BenBarretta BenJones StéphanePietravalle GayMarris PanuwanChantawannakulb RichardThwaites JayneHall Andrew G.S.Cuthbertson Mike A.Brown

And the National Bee Unit material:
http://www.nationalbeeunit.com/index.cfm?sectionid=26

One thing that does keep coming up is that there are different strains of EFB out there, and your experience of the condition may not be representative of another experience. And of course the use of OTC as a prophylactic treatment has and will drive the development of different and perhaps OTC resistant strains.

Either way, the point I really wanted to make was that while  there is a persistent belief that EFB is not a big deal and can be easily dealt with, that is not always the case. And so tolerating practices that may create a reservoir of infection is also a big deal.

I certainly would like to see a study using the multi-dose "medication-shook swarm-medication" protocol vs just medication.