From:
Glenn woemmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2018 11:17:20 -0400
Bill
I use the sugar water as thick as I can get it with out putting it on the stove.  I usually do like michael palmer explained in a video where you fill sugar to a spot and then add water till it is all coming up to that same spot.

I did hear it put forward that one to one might be better due to the extra water in the hive.  If my memory is correct, I think the ideal was that the bees would not have to gether water to cool the hive.  I read in several of the old books that swarms don't stay in nucs if they get too hot.  I don't claim to know but do wonder if there might be something to it.  I know I put my swarm traps in the shade even in the spring.
Just throwing it out there.  I use thick if I have to feed cause I am lazy and can get more sugar in a hive with fewer trips.
Cheers
gww