Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 10:59:16 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
> Confirming Peter's point (at least I presume it was his point) that behavior can be uncoupled from New World African influence.

Hi Danny
Thanks for contributing. Yes, I attempted to make this point, that aggressive behavior is not inextricably linked to country of origin. Anyone who has been around bees as long as we have has seen the full spectrum of bees: from kitten-like, to hornet-like. 

> Second, and responding to Peter in particular, it is not rational to treat "Texas Bees" as some homogenous subspecies that all exhibit a common behavioral profile.

Of course, I was deliberately trying to be vague and not make it personal. Nothing personal is intended in any of my postings, we are talk strictly about behavior, genetics, & heritability. Further, I think it is clear that there is a wide range of expectations among beekeepers and one bee does not fit all situations.

Lastly, I would hasten to add that Bee-L tries to be civil and factual, thanks be to Aaron Morris and most of the contributors. Some mean spirited and ridiculous stuff gets through, no doubt. I have laughed out loud many times at what I have seen. 

PLB

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2