From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2018 08:54:57 -0500
Jerry > Also, I hear reports of something that looks like EFB but isn't.  I'm not sure we're all talking about the same thing.  If you have pictures/video of what you think is the 'crude', please provide.

What is "crude"?  Is it possibly the same as Idiopathic Brood Syndrome.

> IBDS is diagnosed by the presence of brood at different ages that appear molten on the bottom of cells or have other symptoms reminiscent of, but not caused by, infection with American foulbrood (AFB; Paenibacillus larvae), European foulbrood (EFB; Melissococcus pluton), or sacbrood virus (SBV). Shimanuki et al. (1994) described this syndrome as part of their study of Parasitic Mite Syndrome (PMS), but unlike the symptoms of PMS in adult bees it is not believed that IBDS is caused by Varroa mites.

>Idiopathic brood disease syndrome and queen events as precursors of colony mortality in migratory beekeeping operations in the eastern United States
Author links open overlay panelDennisvanEngelsdorpaDavid R.TarpybEugene J.LengerichcJeffery S.Pettis

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167587712002656