From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2017 04:21:26 -0700

> >It was a HUGE success! Sound familiar?

Yep!  The is a HUGE difference between hyped-up marketing claims and hard
supportive data.  At  this year's Apimondia, a revolutionary new feed
supplement was apparently announced with great fanfare.   The advertisement
says that it's been tested in many states and countries with great success.

However, one of those tests was by me.  I ran a rigorous field test (in
2013) that compared treated vs untreated control colonies for colony
strength, survival, weight gain, nosema prevalence, and varroa prevalence
over the period from fall through the end of spring buildup.  The hard data
did not indicate any benefit from the treatment.

I see this happening when companies pay me to test their products.  If I
find no positive benefit, they simply keep asking others to "test" it until
they get a "result" that they can use for their marketing claims.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA