From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2017 20:20:37 -0500
> Should we be considering, as the science suggests, the possibility that the slightly more virulent strains of DWV have replaced earlier strains and as those populations fill in, we may have more unexplainable losses going forward?

Hi Bill
Thanks for following along. I have learned quite a bit in the past few days about viruses and DWV. For example, it seems pretty clear that viruses don't survive too well in equipment, but that they are present at high levels in apparently healthy bees. Also, that high numbers of varroa can be tolerated by colonies if DWV isn't there, while DWV can wreck colonies with low varroa numbers. I would like to hear from more people on how they think this all pieces together. I am still trying to digest the info.

Pete