From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2015 02:03:31 -0300
I think was Feynman that said : If you can explain it to your granmother
then you understand

http://askentomologists.com/2015/08/05/honeybee-genetics-how-do-they-work/

Your Name: Farhad
Your Bug Question: Hello. I read in a book that worker bees are clones. But
how this can happen? Can you explain?

Tonight’s question comes from Farhad, who emailed us and asked how bees can
be clones. It’s important to note that it’s the male drones, and not
workers who are the clones. Drones are a type of clone, because they’re
produced asexually from unfertilized eggs. Workers are produced sexually
from fertilized eggs. This is called haplodiploidy, where males only have
half the chromosomes of females.

..... continue and a nice reading.