From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2014 09:16:32 -0500
Why could more than a miniscule fraction of farmers be
expected to be interested in planting flower strips for bees,
given that beekeepers are having no major problem keeping
them supplied with bees?

I can answer that,  as one of my landowners signed up this year,  First off
it seems as a passion for bees also, as they are defiantly positive assets,
but then you see that the 18 acres enrolled this year (Il provided seed and
monies) were 18 acres that are untiliable anyway.
Almost the same as CRP...... most CRP ground was not functionally farmable
anyway.  Small lots, odd shaped,  poor soil, hard to move equipment or flood
prone.