Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:39:49 -0600
> I am honestly getting bored with BEE-L.

Funny.  I was thinking the same thing, but I think it must be you and
me, not the list.  Maybe our lives are just so exciting lately that
reading and writing is a lot less fun than doing.

We're seeing lots of new contributors and a few new ideas, plus a
rehashing of the same old same old with new rhetoric, occasional
clarifications of facts and with some position adjustments by the
participants.

I notice, too, that posts are getting personal again, but so far it is
all in good humour.  I much prefer when people address the topic, not
one another.  Personalities are part of the mix, but fundamentally, this
list favours fact over rhetoric.

Bill has suddenly taken up the gauntlet, (or maybe he has decided to run
the gauntlet - hard to tell).

Anyhow, the bee season has to begin soon up here in the Great White
North, where my pond is still frozen over and we have 6 inches of snow
still -- almost a month later than the usual melt.  (Blame AGW, right
Juanse?)

In the meantime, I'm hoping we can get some new ideas and quit rehashing
the old questions over and over.  I brought up the question of howcum
feeding bees to bees is as bad or worse than feeding low levels of known
killer pesticides and the topic flops over and over.

Maybe that is because -- like the topic of beekeeper applied pesticides
-- this matter that has to do with the bees and beekeepers, not some
outside influence that can be scapegoated.

Here we are with a smoking gun, and we are looking over the fence for
solutions elsewhere.

Observations like the one that Randy mentioned are the sort of AH-Ha!
that led to the discovery of penicillin and then other antibiotics.

Maybe the answer is right under our noses.

Boring?  I don't think so.